Saturday, April 11, 2009

The holiday weekend so far...

L2 and hubby went to the lake this weekend. Those two are two peas in a pod...seriously. Anyhow, from the sounds of it, the weekend isn't going so well. Yesterday, the lake was white capping from the wind and the weather was cold, so they really weren't able to fish. Then today, I got a text from hubby saying that he ran over the unicycles with the suburban, and then, when they were out fishing, the boat motor caught on fire! Thank goodness, my ever safety conscious husband had a fire extinguisher on board. And thankfully, nobody was hurt. However, the fact that the motor was just rebuilt a few months ago to the tune of $2000 has just about put hubby over the edge! Do you ever just have those times, when you think, what else can possibly be destroyed and need to get fixed? or how much more money can I just keep throwing into repairing things? I mean, between our dogs destroying window sills (Huck) and window screens (Frankie) and L2 breaking a window in the upstairs on Wednesday and G breaking a window in the laundry room on Friday and then the unicycles being destroyed and then the newly repaired boat motor catching fire, and then on top of all that financial burden, the tax bill that is due in a few days...well, it is no wonder hubby is about to go over the edge!

One bright spot in an otherwise cloudy week, L2, being the fantastic angler that he is, did manage to get a good catch today, in between the unicycle mishap, and just before the boat motor caught on fire.



This kid seriously needs to be on Survivor as soon as he turns 18!

L1 has spent the weekend so far with friends and I have seen him a total of about 10 minutes I think. G has pretty much done the same, only he spends quite a bit of time here with his friends playing basketball and having air soft gun wars, oh, and of course wally-ball, which is how he broke the window. I had brunch and shopping with a dear friend yesterday, and today Mary, my sister-in-law, and I did a 62 mile bike ride in Katy. It was pretty windy, but not as bad as last weekend. Anyway, the last big ride before the MS 150 next weekend. I am praying for good weather and NO wind!!

Well, I must get myself to bed. It has been a long day and I would like to go to an early church service for Easter tomorrow.

One last picture for you to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment