Sunday, April 26, 2009

Letterman

L1 just got his letterman's jacket on Friday.  As tradition would have it, he had to wear it on the first day he got it, despite the temperature outside being in the 80's.  He tried to leave it in his locker in the pool, but the coach saw it and called him back and told him he was not breaking tradition.  He looks pretty spiffy  in it if I do say so myself.









In other news, one of our cyclists in our group had a bad crash on Saturday morning and is in the neuro intensive care unit in Houston with a skull fracture, some bleeding and broken ribs. Please keep him in your prayers, his name is Dan. It is really scary to know how dangerous cycling can be, despite all the safety gear we wear to minimize it. He was wearing his helmet in case you were wondering.

My next triathlon is this coming Saturday in the Woodlands. I can't believe it is here already. Unfortunately, I am still nursing runner's knee right now from wearing the wrong shoes for my foot type in my first tri of the season. I am able to run, albeit with a brace, but I am not running as fast with the pain, and I am not too fast on a good day anyhow. Fortunately, it is still early in the season and this is just a training race for me. I still have 4 more races for the season and my 'A' race isn't until August. Hopefully, now with the right shoes and time, I will be healed by then.

It is definitely spring time around here. We are in the process of getting the pool cleaned up and ready and some much needed yard work done. The boys have one more grading period left for the year and they are all looking forward to summer. L1 is swimming his 11th year with the summer league and practice starts tomorrow and the time trials are just 2 weeks away. L2 and G have a few more select hockey games to play and should be done in May. It is about the time that A and the boys start heading up to the lake for the weekends. Hopefully, L1 and I will get more time up there this year. We really need more rain in the lake as it is down again over 3 feet right now. It really isn't very fun at a lake house if you don't have access to the water! We are starting to make some plans for the summer, but so far only know for sure we are going to a wedding in Colorado on July 4th!

Well, not much else to say on this lazy Sunday. I am headed to the track for a speed workout (almost an oxymoron in my case) and then to the Y for a swim. I had a nice 25 mile bike ride yesterday, except for the dang wind. This has been one windy bike season so far! Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Peace Out!

Tri-Vet

1 comment:

  1. you can say so yourself and we will all agree...he does look great in his letterman jacket!!!! Good luck with your Tri in the Woodlands, and Dan will be added to my prayer list! Have fun this weekend but be careful!

    ReplyDelete