Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday, Friends and Fun

Wow, today was a super busy but super fun day. I had the day off, from work anyway, but had a full day nonetheless. L1 is on the varsity swim team and they are getting ready to go to districts, so I spent the morning at the high school with other moms painting huge banners wishing them luck, which will be hung in the pool area and cafeteria. After that I headed to the Y for a swim and then to the salon for some highlights and a cut/style. I must tell you, I was quite disappointed that I spent all that money on my hair and it did NOT look half as good as it did on the good hair day I had on Sunday! And what did I have planned for tonight? Dinner with my hubby and three other couple friends that used to be our neighbors that we haven't seen in ages.
Yep, Murphy's Law ladies...

I hate Murphy!

Anyway, I decided that one of my New Year's resolutions was to make sure my husband and I reconnect with all of our couple friends. It is so easy to put your social life as a couple on the back burner when kids, work and life happen. I didn't want those friendships to slip away because they weren't ever nurtured. So, one friend and I talked and set it up for all of us to meet for dinner! We had a total blast chugging having margaritas and eating chips,queso and fajitas and just catching up. We laughed so hard that my cheeks and my rib muscles (intercostal muscles, for those of you who like the medical lessons)are killing me. I am doing Bike Thru the Forest and Hills in the morning(33 miles)and I probably won't be able to breathe from my ribs being so sore. Of course, that is if I can even get myself out of bed and onto my bike that early. Have I mentioned that I HATE mornings? I may just have to stay home with my hubby for a nice Saturday morning and enjoy some tea instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment