Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pick of the Litter

This weekend, my friend J, her mom, L, and I went on a roadtrip to pick out our puppies. At this point, I need to give you a little background. I am a mastiff dog lover and owner. Six months ago, I got a little male mastiff puppy that we named, Huck. He's my lap dog.











Anyway, Huck had an infection in his leg when he was a puppy so now he has a malformed knee. At this point, he gets around fine on his leg, but since he is going to be a big boy when fully grown (at least 165 lbs), I don't know how long he will be able to walk. Right now, there is nothing I can do surgically for his leg. So, because he is such a GREAT dog, I decided that I wanted to get one of his parents' puppies from the next litter, you know, just in case. His mom got pregnant again accidently six months later. She needed a c-section, so I did the c-section in exchange for the pick of the litter. She had 4 boys and 4 girls on December 19th. at 11:30. at night!


So, they are now 4 weeks old and boy are they oh so cute and huge!!












I chose this male, the biggest pig boy of the litter. His name is Dudley. I think he's quite studly!



Just look at this face! Isn't he so cute?


I get to go and pick him up on Valentine's Day!
I am so excited!






4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! I can comment!!!
    And YAY!!! A new blog!!
    Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wouldn't have done it without your encouragement and I couldn't have done it without your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the new blog!!!! And yay for the new puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read on J's blog that you started one too! Good for you!
    And as a member of the delivery team of these adorable puppies, I am excited to see more pictures of them! Dudley is definately studley! Good Choice! They are all so cute...I'm proud of J. for resisting(for now)! Happy blogging! Vicki

    ReplyDelete