Sunday, January 25, 2009

Six miles is a waste of a good hair day

Today started off like any normal Sunday. My hubby and I got up and fixed a big breakfast for the kids and once they started eating I went to get ready for church. I was showered, lotioned and perfumed and then something that so rarely happens, happened. The stars were aligned, the temperature and humidity were just right, and I noticed immediately upon tossing my head back after upside down blow drying, that it was, indeed, going to be a good hair day. I had to find that perfect ensemble to wear that would showcase my superb tresses. It was SUCH a good hair day that before I walked out the door, my husband even commented, "wow, your hair looks really good today." Now ladies, I ask you, how often do you have THAT good of a good hair day? I rushed home after church to see what great things I had scheduled for the day, somewhere I could proudly display my perfectly flowing mane. Perhaps, a luncheon with some great gal pals, a business get-together with my husband and his boss, a family photography setting, an interview for the More Magazine model of the year? Alas, the ONLY thing on my schedule for the rest of the day was a long run planned ahead for me by my coach. Thanks Matt (you are a real kill-joy)! Now, knowing that I sweat like a fat man chasing a runaway m&m when I work-out, and that a run would absolutely destroy my good hair day, I did not want to go. I put it off till the very last possible moment of daylight, just hoping I would get that unexpected call to go have dinner with a long-lost pal, or meet the book club gals at Starbucks, anything. With my head hung low, I trudged to the bedroom to change into the requisite running gear and pull my hair back in the usual boring ponytail. I then proceeded to go out and run the farthest I have ever run in my life...6 miles! Though I was totally dreading the run and was just sure I would die halfway through, or at least just past the time where my hair had reached the point of no return, it wasn't too bad! Forgetting about my lost coiffure and instead proud of my accomplishment, I stepped inside the door drenched and with my hair plastered to my head. My husband had to comment, "too bad you had to run because your hair looked so good before!" Thanks honey (through gritted teeth). If only I had thought to have him take a picture of my locks before I left. A record of the fact, that I indeed, once had a good hair day since it may be a very long time before I have the cosmic karma on my side again.

4 comments:

  1. Well sheesh ..... I wish I'd witnessed this wondrous event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny M! I hate it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually have my best hair days when I'm on my way to get it cut. That's the story of my life in general though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. on the real...this blog is hilarious! are you a professional writer?

    ReplyDelete