Friday, January 23, 2009

In The Dog House

I don't know exactly WHEN it happened, well, I guess it did start with my first mastiff, then I got a chihuahua rescue from work, then I got a beardie mix rescue from work, then the mastiff died and I got another one, then she died and I got another one, and now I am getting yet another one. All that to say, our house has now become The Dog House. Everywhere you look, there is evidence that dogs live here, sleep here, eat here, play here and definitely are being spoiled here! Just see for yourself:











Now, since I do REALLY love my dogs, I guess this is something I tolerate in order to have them. My house will never make the pages of Beautiful Homes. I am sure that all of you dog lovers out there can relate. But, as if it isn't enough of a sacrifice of space and time cleaning up their hair, drool, poo, toys, and the money to feed them, they have to destroy things as well. That one is a little lot harder to take. I guess with the hugely successful film/book about the destructive lab named Marley, nobody, especially a dog owner, should be surprised by their ability to destroy the indestructible. Over the Christmas break, since I did not want my poor dogs kenneled up in a cold, sterile concrete room without the comfort of home, I got a pet sitter to come to my house 4 times a day. FOUR!! In the 8 days we were gone, Huck, my english mastiff, chewed up 8 windowsills. One for every day we were gone I guess.





I can't say definitely it was him, but since he is the one that can most easily reach my windowsills, and he is the puppy of the three, I think it was him. Still, I love them almost as unconditionally as they love me. I love them so much in fact, that I can't wait to get another one! I mean, look at this face, how could you not want one of your very own?




Just don't ask my husband that!

5 comments:

  1. Astro has eaten part of the staircase and the bottom rungs of a couple kitchen chairs. Cavalier hair is something to behold, too. I have tumbleweeds of it even 2 seconds after I have vacuummed for the second time in a day. Love your blog.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that a crib mattress in your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,

    That is a twin bed mattress beside my bed, plus the dog bed on the left. Plus there is a dog bed in my living room. I hope that both mastiffs can fit on the twin bed because there is no more floor space for more beds in my room! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have sanded down several places of chewed wood on the stair case because Frank will lay down knaw away. I still love him like I have never loved another dog before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that looks like my apartment! I have toys, stuffed animals, lids, rawhides, shoes, kid's underwear, you name it! LOL I only have one dog!

    ReplyDelete