Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back but busy!

Well, we got back from Colorado on Sunday and I just have to jump right back into things with both feet. I got in a 45 mile bike ride after we got home to get some time in the saddle. The MS 150 is creeping up on me fast and I AM NOT PREPARED! 45 miles is the most I have ridden at one time and the ride is over 150 miles and in less than a month! YIKES!!! I got up at 5:30 am this morning because Huck would not stop pacing around the bedroom. Turns out he peed all over the room and who knows why. He doesn't have a UTI, so I don't know if he drank too much water yesterday or what, but I am praying he doesn't have any more of those episodes tonight. Do you know how big the bladder is on a 120 lb. horse??? Quite large!! It takes many many towels to clean it all up!! He does have an ear infection which I am treating so that he will stop shaking his head and flapping his big ole' ears all night too!! Geesh, leave him in a kennel for a week and he falls apart. Poor boy! Frankie was fine, just FAT!! Dudley is fast catching up to Huck and will likely pass him in the next few months. I weighed him today and he was 44 lbs. at only 13 weeks!! I will have a pony and a small draft horse soon! LOL

I am working this week, trying to get in more training, getting ready for family visitors later in the week and getting ready to take L1 to visit some colleges on Friday and Saturday, along with my sister and niece. So....all that to say, I may not post for a couple of days. I should be in bed over an hour ago as it is....life, it hits you hard! Isn't that some commercial line or something?

Peace Out!
Tri-Vet

No comments:

Post a Comment