Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm back!

Well, it has been a very rough couple of weeks. I can't say I am 100% over the bronchitis yet, but I feel better, and that is 90% of the battle right there. Not being able to work out for over a week has made me feel very anxious about where I am at in my training with regards to my race coming up in April. I rode my bike on the trainer yesterday for an hour and today, I went for my first run. I wasn't strong, but didn't have the setback that I thought I would have after being off so long. So, onward and upward and hopefully I will get squared away by the weekend.

This past weekend I slept more than I have in a whole week and I felt like a slug, but I did manage to go and watch the boys' hockey play-offs in between comas naps. They played Saturday night and L2 was on fire! He scored the first 6 goals of the night, plus added another one later. I don't know if they have a special name for a double hat trick, but they won 10-0 in a total blow-out! Everyone kept asking us what we fed L2 that night. He didn't want to shower or change because he didn't want to lose his "magic". Um, 13 year old sweaty hockey player without a shower....and church the next morning...I think NOT! So, they played the number one team on Sunday and it was a really good game. L2 was not quite as magical, but the game was very close and if not for the refs poor and unbalanced calls, they may have even won. As it was, they lost 4-2. G had an awesome game on defense and really helped keep the score close.

In other news, this has been going to work with me everyday.





He is 10 weeks old and weighs 31 # already! He is about 3 weeks ahead of Huck in his weight. He is a very happy guy and he and Huck just love playing with each other. I love having them and the crates continue to keep everyone safe and happy!

Even though I have been sick, I have been busy busy at work. I have had lots of interesting cases lately and I plan on posting about some of them over the coming days. I am never sure about the gore factor with the general public though. Some of the cases that I find extremely challenging and interesting are definitely quite graphic and bloody. I guess I can just forewarn and you can choose to look or not.

Last night, the final episode of the Bachelor was on. What a huge HUGE disappointment. I don't know why after so many seasons of failure, I still hope that they find true love. I was so happy when Jason chose Melissa, the Dallas gal. I thought they were a perfect match, then comes the final rose ceremony and he ditches her and asks Molly for another chance. I just wanted to throw up! Molly should have told him to take a flying leap. I can't for the life of me figure out why he did what he did to Melissa and can't help but wonder if he won't do the same thing again in another 6 weeks and decide that he should have stayed with Melissa afterall. At any rate, the good news is, that is one show I will not be wasting my time on EVER again. I'll just watch romantic comedies to see people fall in love and have happy endings.

Well, that is enough rambling for tonight. I am off to do some much needed catch up on housework and laundry! Good times, yes indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...puppy is SO incredibly cute!!!!!! I hope you feel better. I totally understand, I have been dealing with mono and it's so hard to be out of comission! I hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the well wishes. I hope you do too. Being sick is never any fun and there just isn't any time for it!!

    ReplyDelete