Friday, March 20, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears , oh my!

Yesterday we went to the Denver Zoo. The weather was really warm and it was a LOT of walking. I was exhausted by the time it was over. I prefer to see the zoo from one of those trams that drives you to each enclosure and then the guide tells you some interesting information about the animal and then you move on. Unfortunately, we just had to trudge along walk. Anyway, the animals at the Denver Zoo are really close and there were lots of them that were very active, so I got quite a few good pictures.






















Somehow, I just don't think that the zoo had the same effect on the kids as Boondocks, just look at these faces!


I guess we should have done the zoo first!




Dudley stayed with G&G and played with his cousin dogs. Here is a video of them.


Untitled from Melanie Kerschbaum on Vimeo.

This morning, L2 wanted to go fishing down at the lake in Evergreen, so hubby and I hopped in the car and took him down and I ran the trail around the lake while they fished. I am hoping that this high altitude training is going to help me in my race in two weeks. All this pain and hard work HAS to pay off in some way!! I ran around the lake 3 times and it was a 4.3 mile run, which is the closest thing I have had to my normal training routine all week! L2 was successful and he caught two rainbow trout. He brought them home and grilled them and shared them with Grampa and G (son 3) for lunch. Here he is with his first catch.





Gramma, my SIL, Linda, my SIL (to be), MaryJean and I all went out for a girls day out of lunch and boutique shopping. We went to Bear Creek Inn in Kittredge for lunch. It is a really rustic little place right on the bend of Bear Creek and we sat right at the windows where we could see out while we dined.


Here is a picture of us. (me, MJ, Linda, Gramma from left clockwise)




So, our week has come to an end here in Colorado. It's time to head back to the flatlands. We are going to be leaving in the morning, so I won't be posting till next week probably since it is a 2 day drive. Hope all of you have had a terrific week, and if you haven't, then my hope for you is that next week will be better!

Peace Out!
Tri-Vet

1 comment:

  1. It looks so beautiful there. Glad you had a great time with the fam. And WOW on the three times around the lake, I think I would have been done at 1/2 a time around!

    ReplyDelete