Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rocky Mountain High

We spent the day at Loveland Basin. Hubby decided not to ski because he has already been having some issues with his back and a knee, but he was sweet enough to drive us there. L1 decided not to go at all. Skiing is just not his thing. He has broken his arm 3 times before (not skiing) but I think the thought of flying down a hill on two thin pieces of fiberglass and possibly breaking an arm is not very comforting for him. Anyway, L2 and I snowboarded and G skied. U. Steve and MaryJean met us there for a day on the slopes. Here they are with the boys.


It was a really nice day, in the 50's with beautiful sunny skies. The kids had a great day. It is amazing how well they do with only getting on the slopes once a year. I have a video of each of the boys today and just as soon as I can figure out how to upload them, I will. (grumble grumble that my video will just not ever upload!!!)

I have decided that my body is revolting against this type of activity. Yes, I have tried skiing, but I am much better and have more fun snowboarding. I also think I do a pretty good job for a 44 yr old woman who just started snowboarding about 6 years ago (which means I have been 6 times). It comes back pretty quickly, kind of like riding a bike, and I do think I have a minor amount of improvement from one year to the next. However, recovering from a fall seems to get harder and cause longer lasting pain each year as well. Ibuprofen has become my snow buddy! Anyway, here is a picture of L2 and I at the bottom of a run.



L1 stayed home with Gramma & Grampa, U. Bill and A. Linda. They went for a tour of Red Rocks Amphitheatre and just hung out. Here is a picture of him with A. Linda and Gramma. You can tell where he got his height.




Not sure what we are doing tomorrow. I will probably be in traction at this point!

Peace Out!
Tri-Vet

Update: OK, here is the video of G. Hopefully it works and I can do the one of L2.


Untitled from Melanie Kerschbaum on Vimeo.

And L2. Ignore the fall at the beginning, he hit a rut!

Untitled from Melanie Kerschbaum on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having fun and are still in one piece!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting all of the fun and beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete