Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Crate Success Story

Yesterday morning, I put Frankie and Huck in their crates, turned on the ceiling fan to keep them cool and the radio to keep them company and left for work. Six hours later I came home to find this.







I wish you guys could have all seen me doing the happy dance! No newly shredded walls, baseboard, windowsills or chair rail in sight. Nary a one!! No torn up crate doors, battered wire panels, broken teeth or raw noses from fighting the crate. Just calm, VERY GOOD dogs, lying in their crates waiting for me to let them out for some lovin' and of course, a potty break! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I LOVE to give 'em some lovin' instead of screaming my head off about what they have destroyed. Hopefully, this will be the happily ever after ending I've been wanting.

In case some of you are curious, and even if you aren't, I'm explaining it anyway. The two giant crates are for Huck and Dudley. I have a regular size crate for Frankie, which right now is beside my bed for Dudley to sleep in at night. I take Dudley to work with me to potty train him (6 hours is too long for an 8 week old puppy to "hold it"). When he is completely potty trained, he will go in the other giant crate and I will put Frankie's cage in the office along with the other two. Our office is going to feel like I am at work, since it will look like a vet clinic dog ward! So, all in all, I am ecstatic about how this is turning out. And, life with 3 1/4 dogs (the chihuahua can't be counted as a whole dog) is pretty darn good now!

4 comments:

  1. Yaaayyy for the good dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. M. . .I forgot, I have a question. What should I do for a constipated Sassy? Is there something I can get OTC for her. I watched her try to go several times today with no luck. Poor little baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy,

    Email me by clicking on my email above right, so that I can email you my phone number, or else just get it from J, and call me so I can tell you what to do. Going for a run right now, but call me about 10 pm.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, but I must be getting senile. I cannot locate your email. Blind and/or senile. I'm at J's son and dog sitting while she whoops it up in New Orleans. The problem seems to have worked itself out, however. So I'm just like a new mom. Worry when it's not time to worry. She really is like having a new baby! Thanks for the offer of help. I'm sure I will need it at some future time. Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete