Monday, February 2, 2009

You Got a Fast Car

The other day we could hear something that sounded just like an Indy race car outside our house. L2 and G came leaping down several stairs at a time screaming that the neighbor has a Lamborghini! Since we don't live in THAT kind of neighborhood, I just couldn't believe it. But sure enough, they run across the street to see this.






It turns out the neighbor was picking it up from a dealer to deliver it to a friend of his in Mexico that has 12 of them! Yep, T W E L V E. Cars. That cost between $600,000 and $1 mil. EACH! That is some kind of ridiculous! Seriously, if you have so much money to blow that you can waste it on 12 cars that each alone cost more than everything we own all put together, you have way too much money. I would hope that if I were that rich I would not flaunt it to that extreme! But, the boys being boys just thought it was the coolest thing EVER! The neighbor took each of them for a ride. They loved it, but I wasn't very happy, nor were the neighbors probably, cause the car was doing about 70 mph down a neighborhood street!

Anyway, I am not all that into cars, but I can tell you that I would NOT want a car that had a see-through hood. I can't keep my glass top tables clean from dust and dog drool, I certainly wouldn't be able to keep up with bugs and bird poo!




I guess it's clear so that you can see the super cool engine....whatever! Do engines really look that different or that cool? Apparently, testosterone is required to be able to notice these things.





L2 says he could get used to driving one of those. He does look rather like a natural in it. G said he didn't want to waste that kind of money on a car, he wants a junker car that he can drive recklessly and trash. Great! I'm really looking forward to that one having his drivers license!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow ..... Son #3 would LOVE to sit in that car!!!
    I actually used to know someone (an attorney, back in my law school days) who drove one of these.
    He was a bit of a jerk.
    Hmmmmm, any correlation?

    ReplyDelete