Sunday, February 1, 2009

We Now Interrupt the Superbowl

I don't normally watch much regular season football, but I like the playoffs and I LOVE to watch the Superbowl. I like the commercials and I love to root for the underdog...always (Go Cardinals)! I made sure I did my run early today so that I could be home to watch every single bit of it. Huck wanted to sit in my lap and watch with me.



Seriously, I do NOT know how much longer he is going to be able to do this!

Anyway, I loved how they honored the flight crew from the plane crash into the Hudson river. They deserved it and I was so happy that they did that for them. Faith Hill did a good job with America the Beautiful and Jennifer Hudson gave me cold chills singing the National Anthem!

I hated that the Steelers scored on their first possession, but at least they reversed the touch down and they only got a field goal instead. The first commercial that I thought was funny was the Doritos commercial where the guy has a crystal ball. He shows the ball to a co-worker and then asks the ball if there are going to be free Doritos in the office today. Then he proceeds to throw the crystal ball through the glass front of the vending machine full of Doritos. He says, "I think that was a YES" The co-worker later has the ball and then he says I want to know if I am going to get that promotion? Then he turns and throws the crystal ball and hits the boss man in the, you know. The first guy says, "I think that answer is a NO"! LOL

I was also excited to see the trailer for The Land of the Lost. Did any of you ever watch that show when you were a kid? Marshall, Will and Holly, the Sleestak and the pylons! I loved that show!! I had no idea they were going to make it into a movie. I am kind of surprised that Will Farrell will be playing Marshall. I don't think the show is really a comedy, other than the poor F/X that they had back in the day! So, I am totally going to go see the movie!

I love all the Bud commercials. They aren't really all that funny, but I just love those gigantic Clydesdales. Giant dogs, giant horses, need I say more? I love the one where the Clydesdale stallion runs across the country to the song "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" to find his love (an Arabian dancing mare). You know that was totally a chic commercial, thrown in for us ladies who watch the game.

Back to the game and into the second quarter, Arizona has possession and then...



it thunders outside and the power went off! That's right, no power, no game, no commercials, no half-time, no nothing. Our power grid has never been the same since they fixed it after Hurricane Ike. So every single time there is the slightest thunderstorm, we lose our power. So, we sat in the dark looking at this.



From 6:28pm till 7:37pm. We were terribly excited as I am sure you can imagine!! Seething inside and complaining like crazy was more like it. I sure hope I can go back and see the half time show on the internet, but it won't be the same even if I can. And what about my 3D glasses, am I EVER going to be able to see those commercials that promised some good 3D action?


So, the power came back on in the second half of the game and it proved to be pretty exciting. Everyone predicted that Arizona was just going to be killed by Pittsburgh, but they kept it close and I thought they had it, if only they had stopped the touchdown on Pittsburgh's last possession. I do think that they called more penalties on Arizona over Pittsburgh and that didn't help any either. I also thought they might have it again, and I think that the last play by AZ was NOT a fumble, but an interception, but no matter. The final score was 27-23. Pittsburgh won their 6Th Superbowl which was a record in NFL history. I think the players of the game for Arizona were definitely Larry Fitzgerald for making some great catches and Dockett who made some pretty good sacks on Roethlisberger. So, another season over and I am sad for AZ, but they played a really good game and they should be proud of themselves.

2 comments:

  1. I also loved land of the lost. Not sure the movie will be much like the show though.

    I was really freaking out when it was raining and hailing at our house, afraid of losing power, but we made it through without any incidents. I have been a HUGE Steelers fan all my life so you know I'm happy. I honestly am impressed with AZ, didn't hold out much hope for them. Never expected a nail biter.

    As for the commercials...this years were a snooze fest. I always like the bud ones and love that talking baby. and the Dorito one was good, as was the LMAO lab one. Other than that it was all about movie trailers and NBC shows. Very disappointed, nothing really funny.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dr. M! Once again, I love the picture of Huck on the lap. lol

    And I'm so sorry about your electricity. That really stinks! At least it came back on before the game was over. Sorry you missed halftime.

    ReplyDelete