Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

I had one of the best Valentine's Days I can recall in... well, forever. It usually is such a non-holiday in this house other than a small candy treat for the boys from us.

Last night I went and picked up my my most favorite VD present EVER and technically, since I did not get it home till after midnight,it was VD by then. Here is that precious present.



Little (big) mister Dudley, is another blog post all unto himself. More on him and the rest of the pack tomorrow.

This morning I had a training duathlon race. This was my first "race" of the season and I beat my best time of last year, so that was good.

My hubby got me this and these. Well, I should probably clarify that. I went to VS and bought those things and brought them home. Here is how the conversation went.

me: Honey, I bought this super cute sport outfit for you to give me for VD. It is already in a gift bag with tissue and everything.

him: Oh, good. (said in that dripping with sarcasm voice they seem to reserve just for us) Well, what did you get me for VD?

me: Well, that's the beauty of it honey, now you get to go shop for your own gift and you can get exactly what you want!

him: Oh, OK (rolling eyes). Well, I don't want anything.

A little while later...

me: Honey, I just love the outfit you got me. It's so cute! Thank you so much!

him: I am glad you like it so much. I rarely get you something, let alone something you like.


But my sweet hubby actually did fix us this for dinner.



complete with baked potatoes and steamed asparagus (Yum Yum). And I topped it off with this (more yum).



Just a taste of chocolate really, so as not to ruin the whole training plan.

We went to the boys hockey game in the evening and even though they lost, our boys played very well. So, all in all, it was a very memorable Valentine's Day if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

  1. Dudley is soooooo cute! And MAN, does that lobster look good!! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete