Thursday, February 26, 2009

Typhoid Mary Update

I went to the doctor yesterday...finally, only to find out I have a viral bronchitis that basically responds to nothing and just has to run its course. She then proceeded to tell me it can last over a month!! They gave me a steroid shot to try and quiet the inflammation in my lungs and a prescription for a numbing agent to quiet the cough. Neither have seemed to do anything at all. If anything, I think I am coughing more. Although I do feel less achy than before the shot so at least that's something. Nobody at work wants to be around me for fear of catching it too. Thank goodness I wear a mask and gloves most of my time at work, so I shouldn't be spreading around too many germs. It's also a good thing that I work in a different office every day, because by the end of the day, I am sure they are all sick of hearing me hack my head off. So, I don't have anything more to post for now. I have some vet lessons in the works, but just am not up to putting them together yet. So, hold fast gentle readers...did I actually type that? Perhaps the steroids have affected me more than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. Hi M,
    I've been checking in on your blog a little more frequently. I hope you start to feel better soon, and that the cough subsides. Maybe you can at least use the steroid shot as an excuse to eat whatever and as much as you want...that's Shadow's (our dog) philosophy when she is on them :)

    I love the pics and stories about your growing litter. The crates are impressive.

    Feel better soon!
    Leia F

    ReplyDelete